DOES THE KETO DIET KILL? Doctor Reviews Low Carb Diets and Mortality

Breaking news this week about the Keto Diet! A new article in the Lancet Journal associates low carb diets and animal products with increased mortality!

I have actually been doing the keto diet for the past 6 weeks, so I was very interested to read about these results. By the end of this video you will understand what this new article is saying and be able to make an educated decision about your diet!

I truly believe this information is very important – so SHARE this video with people you care about!! There’s a chance it could affect their life expectancy.

0:00 What is Keto?
1:14 My experience doing the keto diet for 6 weeks
1:57 Understanding the study
2:17 Association between carb intake and mortality?
3:43 Animal vs. plant fat/protein and mortality?
4:41 Meta-analysis: is this applicable to me?
5:24 Bottom line:
6:10 My personal diet plan

For more information, check out the original article: “Dietary carbohydrate intake and mortality: a prospective cohort study and meta-analysis” by Siedelmann et al.

Special thank you to Dr. Mark Weatherall for helping with a literature search on low carb diets!

Thank you so much for watching!!
I’m looking forward to seeing your COMMENTS and THOUGHTS about the keto diet!

~ Siobhan (Violin MD) ~

#ketodiet #lowcarbdiet #doctorvlog


Day in the Life of a Doctor: Emergency Intubation

Day in the Life of a Doctor: Heart Attack

Do Doctors Annoy Nurses?

♫ Background Music ♫

Stomp and Clap

Shooting Stars by Kronicle

Song: Fredji – Happy Life (Vlog No Copyright Music)
Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music.
Video Link:
Video Rating: / 5

Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic – Advertisement –

Written by 

14 thoughts on “DOES THE KETO DIET KILL? Doctor Reviews Low Carb Diets and Mortality

  1. Good video. Love it. Losing weight is a painful thing. I lost about 10Kg in 1 month with this ancient tonic. Watch this video to learn D I ET1 01 ◆ ℂΘℳ

  2. Here’s my issue when folks say carbs aren’t good for you…..Sardinia! All they eat is carbs daily!!! Everything carbs carbs carbs these old Italians go ham on carbs lol , tell me bad cards aren’t good for you tell me processed foods are bad for you but go tell them carbs are bad.

  3. Good content! Love it! Weight loss is a difficult thing. I lost about 10Kg in 2 month with this simple tonic. I found the video here D I E T1 0 1

  4. I think about 10% of everything you said in this video is not true. I also believe the other 90% is BS and this video should be removed. As the video is yours.

  5. Hi your video was interesting you probably don't understand keto. Is not simply eating amounts of fish chicken meet, if you do this correctly moderate amount of protein about give or take 1 1/2 grams of protein for every kilo of body weight, you may have to convert sorry, example you weigh say 65 kilograms you eat take between 65/80 gms of protein, with this you have 7 to 10 cups of vegetables yes vegetables you must check which are ok. It's all about good nutrition. Most days I have strawberries raspberries blackberries with whipped… Good for you and very low in carbs..not too many strawberries. If it runs walks or swims or you can plant it… You say yes if it's in a box a carton or package with all the ingredients we don't understand very cautious probably no. The keto diet asks you to question everything, it can be a challenge at times.

  6. Woody Allen's father smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day an lived till 99 years of age go figure!!!!

  7. Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for diabetes type one cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure diabetes type one is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful to cure diabetes type one. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate diabetes type one finally,
    Please visit and write Dr. Idialu
    for any health challenge's

  8. The thing with studies that ask people to remember what they’ve eaten and how much is that it’s inherently flawed. Unless you have a controlled study which we’ve never had a controlled study what a predominant meat eating diet would be without any of the toxicity Of have other foods involved. There’s so many other factors that you don’t involve that you can’t say a meat eater and a carbohydrate eater are more likely to die than middle of the road people. Metabolic syndrome takes lethal affect on everybody at some point but how that manifest in each person seems to be a little different. I’m sure that somebody who deals with death and dying might see X number of ways people die as a commonality but that’s not what we’re talking about here. You can’t vilify any diet without also including external toxicity factors Which impact us all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *