Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
8 week custom keto diet plan
My Keto Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe gives you all of the flavor of your favorite chicken tenders but without all of the carbs.
And they are kid-approved, which means your entire family will love them.
Even better, even your non-Keto family and friends will love this recipe. And no one will even know it’s Keto – unless you tell them!
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
Honestly, when I started cooking with an air fryer, I had a lot of unsuccessful recipes. The food was either overcooked, undercooked or cooked unevenly.
However, through a bit of trial and error, I have cracked the code on how to cook delicious meals using an air fryer. And I’m going to share my best tips with you.
Keep plenty of space around your air fryer when cooking. Air fryers cook by circulating extremely hot air around food.
This means that when it is in use, you need to keep your air fryer at least 5 inches (13 cm) away from your wall so the exhaust vent isn’t blocked.
Also, be sure that your kitchen’s countertop is heat-resistant as well.
Preheat your air fryer before you start to cook. Just like using an oven, it is best to put your food into a preheated air fryer.
Many air fryers have a preheat setting. However, if yours doesn’t, simply turn it on and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before adding your food.
Never overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray. Air fryers cook by circulating extremely hot air around food.
For food, like these chicken tenders, to cook all the way through and to be crunchy, there needs to be space between the tenders while cooking to allow the hot air to easily circulate.
If they are touching each other in the basket or tray, the breading will end up soggy and the chicken will likely be undercooked in places.
And if your air fryer isn’t large enough to cook an entire recipe without overcrowding the basket or tray, simply cook your food in several batches.
Always flip your food halfway through the cooking time. Just as important as not overcrowding the basket, it’s also important to flip your food while it’s cooking.
Flipping the food allows food to cook evenly. And if you are cooking breaded foods, like these chicken tenders, flipping the food helps the breading to get crunchy on all sides.
And I always shake the basket several times throughout the cooking as well, especially if it’s smaller foods that are hard to flip.
Lightly spray your food with avocado oil or olive oil. I know one of the biggest perks of using an air fryer is that it gives all of the taste of fried foods but without the hassle of a traditional deep fat fryer.
But you still need to use a small amount of oil in many air fryer recipes. Simply give your food a light spritz of avocado oil or olive oil you are cooking using an oil mister or hand-pump oil sprayer.
Lightly grease your air fryer basket or tray. Simply spray or rub a small amount of avocado oil or olive oil on the air fryer basket or tray to help food from sticking.
However, never use aerosol spray cans to grease your air fryer. The oils from the aerosol cans usually have harsh agents that can corrode the non-stick coating on the air fryer basket or tray.
Don’t forget to clear your air fryer after each use. Each air fryer is different so consult your owner’s manual to find out the best practices for cleaning your air fryer.
Now, you are ready to air fry a batch of these crispy and delicious Keto chicken tenders. And don’t forget to whip up one of these 33 Keto Sauces And Dressings That Are Sure To Impress for dipping your chicken tenders.
These Keto air fryer chicken tenders are a delicious meal that your entire family will love.
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1/2 g) pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 chicken breasts (14 oz or 400 g), cut into thick strips
- Avocado oil, for spraying
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F (200 C).
- Combine the coconut flour and seasonings in a medium bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each chicken strip into the whisked egg and then dip into the coconut flour mixture, covering completely. Continue until all of the chicken strips are breaded.
- Place the breaded chicken strips in a single layer, without touching, in the air fryer basket or tray and lightly spray with avocado oil. (If needed, cook the chicken strips in several batches.)
- Cook the chicken tenders for 20 to 25 minutes, turning over halfway through the cook time, until golden brown and cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F (73 C).
- Carefully remove the chicken tenders from the air fryer and serve with your favorite Keto dipping sauce, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 523
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 54 g
8 week custom keto diet plan