Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon
diet keto plan
Looking for a refreshing yet filling keto side dish? This Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon is so easy to make and will hit the spot on those long, hot days of summer!
Looking for a refreshing keto salad recipe? This chilled Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon screams summer and will cool you down in the hot weather. It is a perfect picnic, potluck, or summer dinner side dish, and it can be bulked up with additional veggies or even chopped chicken.
Best of all, it is SO easy to make! Homemade ranch dressing (so easy), cucumbers, bacon, salt, and optional dill and pepper are all that’s needed. You’ll love this recipe because it’s a breeze, and anyone you serve it to will love the flavor!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Keto-friendly ranch dressing (recipe located at the end of the post)
- Dried or fresh dill (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
How to Make Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon
This is just a quick overview of how to make the keto cucumber salad. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Slice cucumbers (peeled or unpeeled) and lightly season both sides with salt. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Remove cucumber slices from fridge, rinse, and gently pat dry to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
Place in a bowl. Add ranch dressing, salt and pepper to taste, and dill (optional). Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
While the salad is in the fridge, cook the bacon. You can choose to serve each serving of the cucumber salad with one slice of crumbled bacon on top …
… or you can mix all of the crumbled bacon into the entire salad.
I think the first serving method makes it look a little more dinner party-ish, whereas the second serving method is great for picnics and potlucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a cucumber Keto-friendly?
Yes, cucumber is keto-friendly!
One medium, unpeeled raw cucumber contains only 4g net carbs (6g total carbs minus 2g fiber).
How many carbs are in cucumbers?
A single medium, unpeeled raw cucumber contains 6g total carbs. With 2g fiber, that gives a medium cucumber only 4g net carbs.
Can I Use Storebought Ranch Dressing?
Yes, although many bottled dressings contain added sugars that boost the carb count, so you will need to recalculate the macros for this recipe.
What Else Can I Add to a Keto Cucumber Salad?
This is a great base recipe! It is wonderful as-is, or you can choose to add additional veggies such as:
- Sweet onions
You could also add cubed, cooked chicken if you want to turn this dish from a side dish to a light main dish. If you make any modifications, I’d love to hear about them in the comments!
What to Serve with Keto Cucumber Salad
Keto Cucumber Salad makes a fantastic side dish, or it can be a main dish if you add cubed, cooked chicken as noted above.
If you’re serving this low carb cucumber salad as a side dish, you can pair it with:
If you’re serving it as a main dish, you can pair it with a refreshing dessert, such as:
More Keto Salad Recipes to Enjoy
If you’re looking for more easy keto salad recipes to enjoy, make sure to check out my:
If you’re on the road, you can grab a keto salad from McDonald’s.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Cucumber Salad
Each serving contains:
- 192 calories
- 19g fat
- 4g protein
- 1.9g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this keto cucumber salad recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
NOTE: The recipe for the Keto Ranch Dressing is located directly below the cucumber salad recipe card.
Keto Cucumber Salad with Bacon
- 6 servings Keto Ranch Dressing see additional recipe below this card
- 4 cups thinly sliced cucumbers about 2 ½ large cucumbers
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried dill or 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped optional
If desired, peel cucumbers.
Place sliced cucumbers in a bowl, lightly season on both sides with salt, and cover. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove cucumbers. Rinse with cool water and gently pat dry.
Add ranch dressing and dill. Combine to coat all cucumber slices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To serve, you can: 1) portion into servings and add one slice crumbled bacon per serving; or 2) crumble all bacon and add to entire recipe and mix.
- Can add sweet chopped onions, tomato, avocado, chicken, etc.
- The recipe for Keto Ranch Dressing is located in the recipe card below this one. You can use storebought ranch dressing if desired, but the carb count will likely be a bit higher since most storebought ranch dressing contains added sugar.
- If you want to double the recipe (16 servings), you can use the full Keto Ranch Dressing recipe.
- The nutrition facts for this recipe INCLUDE the six servings of Keto Ranch Dressing.
Keto Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Keto buttermilk (see below)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (I like 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper)
- Unsweetened almond milk to thin (if needed)
Ingredients: Keto Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and Swerve in a small bowl.
- Make the keto buttermilk by following the instructions below.
- When the keto buttermilk is ready, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce (optional), and apple cider vinegar in a medium-sized bowl.
- If desired, use unsweetened almond milk to thin the dressing to your desired consistency.
Instructions: Keto Buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and apple cider vinegar. Wait 5-8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the mixture has the consistency of buttermilk.
- This tastes best when given time for the flavors to combine in the fridge (at least overnight).
- Feel free to make this dressing recipe your own! There are so many seasoning combos out there, as well as different combos of mayo/sour cream/buttermilk. Play around with it until you find your perfect ranch dressing.
- Each serving is approximately 2 tbsp (this will differ slightly depending on how much almond milk you add to thin, if any).
diet keto plan