Do low carb and ketogenic diets have a metabolic advantage for weight loss?
What does the latest research on Vitamin D say? Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive an infographic summary of the main takeaways and Dr. Greger’s recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is the 2nd in a 7-video series on keto diets. In case you missed the first one, check out Is Keto an Effective Cancer-Fighting Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Keto-an-Effective-Cancer-Fighting-Diet).
Stay tuned for:
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-diet-Results-for-Weight-Loss)
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Weight-Loss-on-Ketosis-Sustainable)
• Are Keto Diets Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe)
• Keto Diets: Muscle Growth and Bone Density (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-Diets-Muscle-Growth-and-Bone-Density)
• Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-ketogenic-diet-help-diabetes-or-make-it-worse)
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I did a whole website about the Atkin’s Diet and sadly people keep falling into the low carb trap.
Some of my older videos on low-carb diets include:
• Atkins Diet: Trouble Keeping It Up (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/atkins-diet-trouble-keeping-it-up/)
• Paleolithic Lessons (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleolithic-lessons/)
• Whole Grains May Work as Well as Drugs (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whole-grains-may-work-as-well-as-drugs/)
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/)
• Alzheimer’s Disease: Grain Brain or Meathead? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/alzheimers-disease-grain-brain-or-meathead/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Ted Eytan / flickr
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org
Video Rating: / 5