Keto Golden Milk Latte
8 week custom keto diet plan
Keto Golden Milk Latte is a creamy, slightly sweet drink with just a hint of earthy spice that will help you to relax any time of the day.
What Is Golden Milk?
Contrary to popular belief, golden milk has been around for centuries and is not just a fad that came and went a few years ago.
Actually, golden milk has its roots in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine that goes back for centuries due to the many health benefits of turmeric.
In the present day, golden milk is not only used as an antioxidant and a way to treat inflammation, but it’s also used as a soothing drink to enjoy before bed for a good night’s sleep.
Just drink a warm cup of this Keto Golden Milk Latte as you unwind for the evening to help you get a restful night’s sleep. And who couldn’t use a restful night’s sleep right now?
Plus, if you are not a fan of swallowing capsules, you can gently pull apart Turmeric Soothe capsules and use the turmeric powder in this recipe or any recipe that calls for turmeric.
Making It Keto
I haven’t had dairy in years due to health issues it causes, which is why all of my recipes are completely dairy-free. And this Keto Golden Milk Latte recipe is no exception.
For this recipe, I used both carton coconut milk and carton almond milk to create a creamy consistency similar to dairy-based milk.
However, I used unsweetened non-dairy milk to cut down on the sugar and carbs. Just 1 cup (240 ml) of sweetened non-dairy milk can have up to 8 g of carbs. That might not sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly when you are keeping your net carbs to 20 g or less.
Of course, you can use just carton coconut milk or carton almond milk if you don’t have both, but I suggest that you stay away from soy milk completely.
Now, since I didn’t use sweetened coconut milk or almond milk, I added a bit of erythritol to sweeten up the latte just a bit. But you should sweeten your latte according to your preferences.
Personally, I rarely add sweetener to mine since the natural sweetness from the coconut milk and almond milk is just enough for me.
Also, if you only have unsweetened vanilla-flavored coconut milk or almond milk, that’s fine to use. Just omit the vanilla extract in the recipe.
And don’t forget to check out our full list of 42 Keto turmeric recipes that will make your tastebuds dance.
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Turmeric Soothe capsules, pull open gently
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder)
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of erythritol (or sweetener of choice), to taste
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk to combine. Gently heat the mixture for about 5 minutes until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine mesh strainer to remove the ginger slices and cinnamon stick. Add erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste.
- Pour the latte into 2 mugs and serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 1 g
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
8 week custom keto diet plan