Keto Microwavable Meals: 3-Course Dinner
customized keto diet plan
Whether you are a college student with limited kitchen access or someone who wants to keep their kitchen clean, microwavable meals can be a godsend. Meal prep can take hours and most frozen meals are unhealthy and hardly appetizing. Save your time and treat yourself to a 3-course dinner, all with simple keto microwavable meals!
We’ve put together an appetizer, entree, and dessert that can all be made from your microwave! All of these recipes are adaptations from other recipes listed on our website. With a few small changes and substitutions, we’ve made these keto meals microwavable!
Start off your 3-course dining experience right with broccoli and cheddar soup! This classic is cheesy, creamy, and packed full of micronutrients.
There are a few modifications that you can make to this recipe to make it microwave-friendly! Simply swap out the fresh broccoli for microwavable steamable broccoli and you’ve got yourself one of the simplest keto microwavable meals. For this recipe, we will also be quartering everything (splitting the recipe into 1/4) so that you have a single-serving portion.
Recipe: Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
- 1 bag steamable broccoli (you’ll need 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- optional seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and salt
- Steam 1 bag of steamable broccoli in the microwave, following the directions on the bag. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 tbsp heavy cream, and 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese to a microwavable-safe bowl. Optional: add a dash of onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, and salt.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and then stir. Microwave in 15-second intervals until the soup is warm and the cheese is melted. Note: cook time will be different based on your microwave wattage.
- Chop 1/2 cup of the broccoli and stir into the soup.
- We recommend enjoying your soup warm!
Now it’s time for the main course! We’ve taken Thai peanut butter-inspired lettuce cups and tweaked the recipe to make it microwavable safe.
For this recipe, you are simply going to swap out the raw chicken for pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken strips and omit the other “chicken” ingredients.
Recipe: Keto Asian Chicken Wrap
- 4 oz pre-cooked chicken strips
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 pinch Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts
- Microwave the chicken strips on a microwavable safe plate for 2-3 minutes or until defrosted. Note: time may vary based on microwave wattage. Set aside.
- Add the almond butter to a different microwavable safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until melty.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, monk fruit, and garlic powder.
- Cut the chicken strips into chunks (3-4 per strip).
- Add the chopped chicken to the bowl with the sauce and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Scoop the sauced chicken mixture evenly into the romaine hearts and enjoy!
Optional: If you find that this doesn’t fill you up, or you just want to add in more veggies, try pairing these Asian chicken cups with steamed cauliflower rice!
It might be hard to believe, but you can make a cake in the microwave! Mug cakes seem to be all the rage because they can be made with just a few simple ingredients and take only minutes to make. No more huge kitchen messes, and dirtying up a hundred dishes, just to have to wait 30 minutes for your cake to be done! Plus, this recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and has less than 3 grams of net carbs per serving!
Recipe: Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp stevia
- ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- In a microwavable safe mug, beat the eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder, and salt.
- Continue mixing until the batter is homogeneous.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, checking to see if the cake is done. This should take around 3-5 minutes.
Have You Tried To Make Keto Microwavable Meals?
Did you enjoy the 3-course low-carb meals listed above? Do you struggle with the ketogenic diet because you don’t have time or the resources to cook? Have you tried any other keto diet microwavable meals? Comment below and share your experience!
customized keto diet plan